We help young people with serious facial disabilities including noma, tumours, animal attacks, cleft lip and cleft palate to access high quality medical care.
We work in poor, rural communities to involve patients and their families in treatment, rehabilitation and long-term care.
We maintain long term relationships with our patients, ensuring they develop healthy and fulfilling lives as members of their communities.
So our patients can speak, eat and smile.
Ethiopia - facts and figures: population, household incomes, and other data.
How we operate: what we do in detail, how and who we treat.
Our story: our origins, the journey so far, and our plans for the future.
What we treat: Noma, animal attacks, cleft lip/palate, burns, and other conditions including neglected tropical diseases.
Videos and audio: Watch videos of our work, interviews with patients, and more.
Research: Read about our groundbreaking Action-Research in Clefts and in Noma.
1. We treat patients with a facial disability whatever the cause of their illness or injury.
2. We go to the people in need. We are the bridge linking the poorest rural communities with the specialists who can change their lives.
3. We enable a family-member to accompany our young patients and give moral support to the children.
4. Working with Ethiopian medics and visiting specialists, we contribute to training missions and action-research to improve knowledge in the Ethiopian health system.
5. We provide follow-up care, ensuring that secondary treatment is provided and our young patients thrive at home.